Friday 10 June 2011

day 10 downhill love

It's going to have to be a quick blog today as I'm preparing to head up to the Isle of Skye with some ex-work colleagues to take part in the Corbett Challenge to raise money for WaterAid (Donate here!!.) We have already raised an impressive £1,181.08. Also because of this tomorrow's blog will have to be done on Sunday as I will be technology-less (and hopefully drinking beer and eating burgers after climbing Garbh-bheinn in what looks to be cold and rainy conditions.

I done one of my fav runs but it was a little shorter as had taken my car and stopped off (its near my folks house where I would normally start off from). The reason this is a good run is that normally it is an exact 6.2 miles round route so is good for gauging times for a 10K. It also has some lovely views of Edinburgh and the east lothian coastline. The downside is the hills - and they are mostly all in the second half. I love going down them and this explains the slightly faster time than I normally manage as I cut off the really big hill at the end -  I don't like going up it and this is why I particularly enjoyed today's run as I didn't have to do it :)

Anyway, I'll miss the minibus if I don't get myself organised so here's the stats:

distance: 4.1 miles
Time: 0:38:07
big hills not run up: mm, at least 2
 

1 comment:

  1. Garbh-bheinn, beer and burgers! Sounds good to me. Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete