Sunday 9 June 2013

days 9: trying to cough up a lung

I'm ill. Feel like I've been fighting cold after cold ever since I started my new job back last July/August. I mainly blame the bad ventilation which leaves the place hot and airless and probably a very good incubator of germs, which I seem to pick up like they were going out of style.

I felt ok when doing my walk yesterday though I had to make sure I had a good supply of tissues, however, after a few beers it all went downhill. Ended up in bed at 23:30 feeling like shite, which is basically how I've been feeling since.

Not that I will let that get in the way of #Juneathon. I hate failing at tasks I set myself. So after a short snooze this afternoon (was a little sad at putting my blackout blind on the blue skies outside my window). I dragged myself out for a wee run. Was only going to be short but took my water bottle as was really afraid of having a massive coughing fit in the middle of the park and loose a lung. Funnily enough, once I got out, I actually felt a lot better than I had lying in my bed! I did have a few stop offs for water and coughing but I kept on going and actually managed it up the big steep bit of the park and did a full circuit.

So back rewarding myself with a nice cold beer, of which I have many left over from last night.
stats:
distance: 3.5miles
time: 33mins 44secs
colds caught this year: way too many!

Also, now that I'm back in civilisation, here are a couple of shots of my walk yesterday. The little white dots in the background are the other members of my team, whose boy-asses I kicked :)
The little white dots aren't that far away....yet

Stunning scenery...proud to be Scottish on days like this

Found a little 8-legged friend at the top of Carn Mairg

Obligatory 'top of the mountain' pose!

3 comments:

  1. Well done for getting out there despite feeling awful! Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3.5 miles when you're not feeling well - hardcore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, hope you feel better soon

    ReplyDelete