Monday 9 June 2014

Day 9: I hurt!! and other excuses...

It's a classic, and I'm using it...due to my, yes I am going to use the term, 'heroic,' efforts over the weekend I come to Monday with extreme DOMS making my thighs hurt like nobody's business and pinky-toe blisters that are making me walk like John Wayne (or so I am told, I was never a fan).


Yes, today my efforts were minimal due to the above 'excuses'. I did however, do my physio leg exercises, some sit ups, around 10 press ups, and a very fast counted 20 seconds of a plank.


On other news, which I'm sure everyone has seen - Rik Mayall died today. I was saddened by this. I enjoyed the comedy he did. What I never understand though is all the sycophantic press following a untimely death of someone like this. Yes, he was a talented and funny man but I wouldn't have said he was the best comedian #of his generation', which is what some comments are basically saying. And don't they all when someone died sadly before their time. Some Bottom episodes were a bit shit (pun totally indented) if you ask me. Anyway. Just wanted to get that off my chest. Incidentally my fav Rik Mayall appearances are as Lord Flashheart in Blackadder -  "WOOOOF".




Stats!
distance: none - I slacked off if you hadn't noticed
time: 10mins (I know...)





No comments:

Post a Comment