Friday 7 January 2011

Day7

Well, one week done and so far I'm still intact

Almost didn't make it to the gym today as I had the sad news that my cat had to be put down. She had been suffering the effects of  brain damage for a couple of years and ran away and was lost just before xmas. Was glad that she was found but it has been an upsetting day overall and the last thing I really wanted to do was get my gym kit out. But I'm glad I did.

One of the reasons I love running so much is that even when I feel low and the thought of exerise is the last on my mind, I find that it is very much worth the extra effort to get myself out. The best is getting out in the fresh air but unfortunately January in Edinburgh at the moment is freezing with frequent snow flurries and I really haven't managed to get the will power to brave it so my gym membership is being made use of instead.

Done similar schedule as yesterday with a treadmill and cross trainer session.

With a full week now done and dusted I decided I deserved a nice cold beer to go with my homemade curry. Readying myself for week 2.
Stats:
Total distance: 9.38km (5.38 on cross trainer and 4km on treadmill)
Total time: 59mins

No comments:

Post a Comment