Friday 12 January 2018

Day 12: Where did the last 11 days go!?

Oh well, better late than never I suppose :)

I  know the point of Janathon is to do exercise every day for a month . We are now practically half way through the month and I only managed to do ‘proper’ exercise today. By proper I mean something that entails putting on work out gear and possibly breaking a sweat. Sadly for the first couple weeks I have been ill. Not slacking but sporting a bone fide excuse. You may have heard that the flu is practically disseminating the populace.  I kind of had a flu-lite (not man-flu, not the life threatening kind but bad enough to stay in bed for 3 days and a few more mobile but feeling shite).

But now I am mostly well I have no excuse, I even re-joined the gym after a 2 year break. But today, I actually ventured out on a run for the first time in a month. Wow, does that time make a difference. 

Only managed just over 2 miles and they hurt. Was mainly my lungs which I think may have a significantly reduced capacity. I still have the lingerings of a cough which doesn’t help but with a 17km trail race signed up for in April I have to suck it up and get on with it.


It’s not going to be easy the next few week, nay months to get to my goal of being fully action ready for Tough Mudder in June. I once again question my decisions to put myself through these things!
Stats!
days of Janathon missed 11
distance: 2.3 miles
time: 23 mins

2 comments:

  1. Yay, Janathoning and blogging - it's like the olden days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gingerly running again due to niggling tendonitis - also hitting exercise bike and walking though. As well as pathetic core work in front of the TV

    ReplyDelete