Tuesday 1 January 2019

Day1: Well, this is a first!

For the first time in a long while, it is the 1st of January and I have come back from a proper run! Not a half hearted, hungover, shuffle round the block but a decent run.
I won't lie - I partied and saw the new year in with a drink in my hand and didn't get to my bed until 5:30 this morning but I had sleep and re-hydrated and actually felt OK as I hit the park. 
My feelings of total smugess were slightly dampened by the sight of hordes of people doing the New Years Day Triathalon, which I have found out consists of a 400m swim (8 lengths of the Commonwealth pool, 11 mile cycle and a 3.5 mile run round Holyrood Park.

But I may have only done my 3.6 mile plod but still it's more than I have done most years.

It is also a good start to this years challenge: run 1000 miles in 2019. This is a challenge set by Trail Running magazine - https://www.trailrunningmag.co.uk/run1000miles/   I came to the hallenge late last year and due to injury and other obstacles I ended up just stopping counting the miles (turned out I only did under 400 miles in total last year) but this year I'm in right at the beginning with a sense of determination only the start of a new year can give you so here's to a good year of running, and what better way to start it than Janathon!

Stats:
distance: 3.6 miles
time: 37mins
feeling of smuggness: some


2 comments:

  1. I did a brisk walk about that far today, my plantar fascitis is still a problem

    ReplyDelete