Sunday 9 January 2011

Day 9

Total distance: 3.16 miles
Total time: 34.18 mins

Having done 3 days in a row at the gym, really didn't feel like doing it again - I do get bored watching the same music videos and find it almost impossible to do the treadmill without music. Although the snow is not gone and there are now some nasty patches of ice everywhere. Walking back from the cinema there were however quite a few runners out and it was a beautiful sunny day so after a lot of humming and hawing I decided on braving the icy paths and do an outdoors session.
I really wish I had a small portable camera or a fancy iPhone or similar so I could take photos of the gorgeous views I get but I don't (I do have a camera phone but am not able to connect and upload stuff to my laptop).
I did a fav route of mine round holyrood park which amounts to a decent just-over-3 mile run. Also got to use my Garmin forerunner again meaning I don't have to measure out my run on the internet which is tiresome.
One thing I did learn was that running in slushy/icy snow is really not good for my knees and I also managed to forget to put my knee support on so finished the run with a bit of a hobble but hopefully it will have recovered by tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment