Friday 20 June 2014

Day 20: call that a public footpath?!

I'm back in Greystoke, Cumbria. It's lovely as usual. I'm currently sitting outside the Boot and Shoe pub writing this on my mum's iPad (got to say, I prefer my smart phone!).  Had a lovely run discovering more of the surrounding area. Wow, there are some nice properties around here...and way posher than I'll ever be able to even sniff at but nice to look at when passing.

One thing I have noticed that there are loads of Public Footpath signs that point to....well, an open field. I get the whole 'right of way' thing but kind of pointless if there isn't an actual footpath. Needless to say, after attempting, a couple of juneathons ago, to follow one of these, and getting lost chasing sheep, I'll not be making the mistake of following these signs again!

Stats ,
Distance: 3.5 miles
Time: 33mins 47 secs
Number of Public Footpaths leading nowhere really: about 7

No comments:

Post a Comment