Tuesday 20 January 2015

Day 20: walking when noone's looking

I don't know about you but sometimes I get a bit self-conscious when I'm out running. - not just of being overtaken by super-fit 'proper runner' types, and occasionally small children, but of being judged in general. I realise this is stupid and irrational but there you go. I think this is why I try to take wee walking breaks when I think there's no-one around to think "oh look at her, how unfit is she". As soon as I see someone I start running again. Obviously this doesn't really work in more populated places but I've got into the habit running in a mainly quiet residential area.

It got so bad that whilst running up a steep hill I refused to stop and walk while there were cars passing me, which led to me getting a stitch by the time I reached the top. I don't think all this freezing air is helping me either.

Only time for the short 'estate' loop this evening due to being unable to do a longer run at lunchtime because of stupid meetings.

Stats!
distance: 2.3miles
time: 20mins
number of people judging my running ability: probably 0 but in my head: all of them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment