Wednesday 2 January 2013

Day 2: from a walk to a jog...

...with a few pathetic attempts at some press ups thrown in. All in all though, I shouldn't have expected much today, this is my first venture out jogging for about a month and I think I may still be feeling the after effects of new years! It was a bit of a struggle to do my 2.3 route around the estate and I needed to walk in places (up any sort of hilly bits). Really felt it in my chest which is still recovering from illness. I knew I was not going to be contending for any kind of record for mileage for this year's Janathon, just want to give my running the kick start it badly needs!

It is going to be a hard journey to my half marathon in April but I am pretty determined to at least try to get my goal of a 2hour half marathon PB. I had meant to reach that goal last year but injury thwarted that...3rd time lucky I hope!

Onward and upwards!

Stats:
distance: 2.3miles
time: 21mins
pathetic press ups: 10 (if half ones count?!)

1 comment:

  1. Wise man he say 'Journey of a thousand miles starts with few pathetic press ups'. Or is that just me talking bollocks as usual? Either way, keep going C, the only way is up.

    ReplyDelete